Doctorat China Scholarship Council
The China Scholarship Council is a non-profit institution affiliated with the Chinese Ministry of Education, aiming at providing financial assistance to Chinese citizens wishing to pursue their PhD abroad.
The call for applications for Chinese students wishing to prepare their PhD at the University of Bordeaux is going to be launched in January 2017. The applications must be completed and sent back to the French PhD Project Research Supervisors by 24th February 2017.
Who can apply?
- Candidates must be citizens and permanent residents of the People’s Republic of China at the time of application
- Candidates must not be currently working abroad
- Successful candidates must return to China upon completion of the studies and/or research
- Candidates must have a good level of English (or French) language proficiency
- Candidates should specify in their application that they are applying for the UB/CSC joint scholarship scheme
- Candidates can only apply for one PhD project
- Candidates from Hong-Kong are not eligible.
How to apply?
- Candidates send the completed application form with all requested documents by 24th February 2017 to the PhD project supervisor at UB.
- UB will evaluate the student files, academic performance and English language ability of the candidates. Interviews will be conducted by the PhD supervisors via telephone or via videoconference.
- By 16th March 2017 UB will provide CSC and each qualified candidate with a copy of the admission letter.
- By April 5th 2017, after receiving the admission letter from the University of Bordeaux, candidates must apply to the CSC by completing an application for funding. Forms are available on CSC website.
- CSC will evaluate the candidates according to CSC requirements and priorities. The CSC Council will subsequently provide UB with a final list of scholarship recipients and inform the successful candidates before the end of May 2017.
Direction des relations internationales
351 cours de la Libération
33405 Talence Cedex
05 40 00 83 33
Contacter par courriel